ActiveNav is a fast-growing enterprise software company with global recognition as a leader in the file analysis market.
We are a company filled with people from around the globe who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best customer experience. Our products are recognized as industry leading, providing unique file analysis capabilities for the discovery, transformation and ongoing control of data wherever it lies in the enterprise. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
ActiveNav is headquartered in Reston, Virginia, with offices in the US, UK, and AU. This position is located in our Reston office.
About the role:
We are seeking a Sales Development Representative to act as a liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. This role solely focuses on outbound prospecting, inbound lead qualification, moving leads into and through the sales funnel and setting up sales qualified appointments. You will seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact utilizing social media, e-mail and telephone.
What you will do:
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to the VP of Business Development on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up to date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
What you have:
- Ability to self-manage time and multiple ongoing activities
- Great team player
- Demonstrate good oral and excellent written communication skills
- Have a genuine interest in the field of Sales and personality to match (e.g., outgoing, assertive, goal-oriented)
- Possess excellent research skills
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce) a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Business Management, Marketing, Finance or Communications.
- No experience needed.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
ActiveNav is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Reston, VA
Type: Full Time
Reports To: VP of Business Development