ActiveNav is a fast-growing enterprise software company with global recognition as a leader in the file analysis market.
We are a company filled with people from around the globe who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best customer experience. Our products are recognized as industry leading, providing unique file analysis capabilities for the discovery, transformation and ongoing control of data wherever it lies in the enterprise. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
ActiveNav is headquartered in Reston, Virginia, with offices in the US, UK, and AU. This position is located in our Reston office.
About the role:
The Enterprise Sales Executive is the key to ActiveNav’s success as an organization. As a consultative sales professional, the Enterprise Sales Executive is responsible for selling and presenting ActiveNav’s products and services to prospective enterprise accounts. As an ActiveNav Sales Executive you will be aligned with a Sales Engineer with the goal to build a strong use case to the end-user.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Achieve and exceed quarterly sales goals through full sales cycle management from prospect creation, value proposition, negotiation and deal closure by qualifying and developing new contracts within defined prospect and client accounts and nurturing the business relationship throughout the prospect lifecycle
- Prospect and identify potential organizations and decision makers/influencers in those organizations to target for the company’s products, working with our SDR team to harness set meetings as needed
- Pitch Active Navigation’s file analysis software and other tools, to identified leads and identify potential opportunities for new business
- Successfully manage and overcome objections and move opportunities through the pipeline to close
- Build and manage a healthy pipeline of qualified opportunities to meet/exceed sales objectives and key performance metrics
- Ensure strong client/prospect communication and follow-up by documenting all designated calls-to-action, follow-up dates, complete profile information, lead source and prospect interaction in the CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Develop a solid working knowledge of our software suite (Discovery Center) to determine what problems they solve and the benefits they provide to potential clients, mapping needs to use cases where possible
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all sales activity throughout the sales cycle in our CRM system (Salesforce.com) to ensure effective pipeline and lead management, accurate forecasting, deal history and competitive activity for tracking and management reporting
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, Sales Engineers, and colleagues to meet assigned targets, particularly demoing and POCs
- Assist with marketing strategy and sales support
- Continually evaluate business processes and recommend improvements
- Participate in revenue budget forecasting and ongoing budget variance reporting
What you have:
- Must have excellent communications skills with the ability to make a positive connection with people in person/over the phone
- Experience in prospecting, qualifying, developing, managing and closing business with complex procurement cycles
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, multitasking and time management skills with strong ability to actively listen and determine customer needs
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Comfortable in a start-up environment
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, or related field OR
- At least one to three years of related experience required
5+ years of experience in sales, marketing, product development, or related experience
- Strong background in revenue growth in related position within the industry
- Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
ActiveNav is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Reston, VA
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Managing Director