Active Navigation plays a fundamental role in any information governance project and provides the only complete solution for legacy content management.â€¨â€¨ Our products allow organizations to:
- understand their unmanaged information stores and deal with Redundant, Obsolete and Trivial (ROTTM) information
- derive metadata for files and organize them accordingly
- migrate to new content repositories
- monitor and control the health and quality of unstructured information
Our integrated suite of tools, designed around our proprietary methodology, ensures that the business and content owners are involved at all stages to minimize risk. The continued use of Active Navigationâ€™s products and methodology provides a necessary foundation for proactive information governance for your business.â€¨â€¨
The Discovery Center uncovers your unstructured content repositories and provides the information necessary to get them under control:
- provides a visual inventory of unstructured information
- quickly uncovers non-compliant files
- identifies content ROTTM
- exposes risks in your information stores
- enables effective monitoring of information health
The Discovery Center lies at the heart of Active Navigation and is fully customizable to match your business information policies.
The Analysis Pack extends the Discovery Center, providing sophisticated analytics to deliver a deep understanding of your content:
- Mine your documents for key text patterns
- Uncover the concepts in your documents without the need for configuration
- Create rich real-world taxonomies and new metadata
The Analysis Pack provides fresh new metadata for untagged files, document summaries for ECM systems and drives file re-structuring to match business requirements.
Integrated with Discovery Center reporting, the Action Pack provides the tools necessary to resolve issues with your legacy content:
- Delete, sequester and re-organize files based upon custom policies
- Remove duplication to radically reduce overall file count
- Re-organize files based upon rules and analysis results
- Export to drive third party applications with rich metadata
The Action Pack is purpose designed for defensible remediation and re-organization of electronic files in bulk based upon rules and processes you define.
Connectors integrate the Discovery Center with your existing collaboration, ECM and records systems for a coherent view of unstructured information:
- Discover and analyze files stored across multiple repositories
- Report and act on information across repository silos
- Locate and resolve data leakage from record repositories or other master file stores
- Migrate to SharePoint with new metadata, content types and file summaries
Discover repositories including File Shares, Novell Netware and SharePoint 2003, 2007 and 2010. Migrate to SharePoint 2010.